Hillsborough's current Town Hall once belonged to Chief Justice Thomas Ruffin. The early 19th century house has notable interior woodworking and is surrounded by several outbuildings. Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm. Closed major holidays. Free.
Address: 101 E. Orange Street Hillsborough, NC 27278
The first St. Matthew's Church was built before 1768 at Tryon and Churton Streets. Although it was damaged during the Revolutionary War, it served as the site of the NC Constitutional Convention of 1788 and as the site of Hillsborough Academy, but by 1800 had disappeared either by fire or...
Address: 210 St. Mary’s Road, Hillsborough, NC 27278